Friday, February 22, 2013

My French Ring Brevet

This is a picture of our big win with my Mom and our Trainer and Decoy Jason Davis
 

I'm sorry it has been such a long time since I've writen on here but Mom got busy with her business and my training and well no time for the blog.

My training must have been going excellent because we went to our first First FRENCH RING TRIAL and I went for my French Ring Brevet.  Both obedience and some bite work.  I won the Brevet trial out of 8 dogs with a score of 99.5 out of 100.  They say if you get a 100 the first time out that is the kiss of death and all after that is only down hill.  No wonder I did not listen to mom when she said down the first time and only listened the 2nd time so lost that 1/2 point.

We havc been training for this day since I was a baby (8 weeks old) and now 20 months old. 

Everybody was nervous except for me and my mom.  We trained so much that it just was like a walk in the part for us.  I love to work with my mom and ofcourse love to bite. 

I am sure it will get more difficult as I am growing up and becoming my own dog so will give mom a little more harder time but  as a team we will do great.

The training adventure up to this point was the best.  We learned so much and I became so correct in my learning.  The touch pads came in handy and I'm glad that I learned them.  I love to jump and touch pads made it so easy for me to learn the routine.  Although the jumps are not in the Brevet we practice them anyway because I love to jump..



Mom watched a clicker Youtube video when teaching me to wear the muzzle.  She never had to pressure me to keep that thing on because it did not bother me.

The French Ring Brevet exercises were Heel on leash, where I walk next to mom and sit when she stops.  Food Refusal, I'm left in a down stay and mom goes out of sight and a piece of food is thrown around where I am laying down.  Heel with a muzzle.  We aced this one because of the clicker training to wear that thing.  Absense, which is a down stay and mom goes out of sight for a minute.

Next is the cool stuff.  Bite work.  The fist exercise is the defence of handler.  Me and mom walk up to a decoy.  They exchange hello and goodbyes and then mom and me keep walking.  The decoy follows behind us.  The cool part here is that I get to go around mom and face the decoy.  I'm walking backwards.  When the decoy gets up close he hits mom on the back and I get to bite him.  When mom says out I have to let go and guard the decoy.  A few seconds later I hear that whistle which means to come back to my mom and stay by her side.  Exercise over.

The next exercise which is the last in the Brevet is called the face attack.  This is where I lost that 1/2 point.  Mom has to tell me down and for some reason I got selective hearing because I wanted to run down that field and bite or she just didn't say it firmly but I did down the second command and waited for her to tell me to attack.  I got to run down the field and bite the decoy who is swinging a clatter stick around me.  How cool is that.  Then I heard that whistle blow and I let go and came right back to mom.  Picture perfect...

And now have our FR Brevet with 99.5 points out of 100...

No comments:

Post a Comment