Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fetch



This is my sock and these are the little strings mom trys to move me with.  Was not working for us.

Each week mom asks the trainer Jason Davis from Karma k9 one thing to improve on.  It was the hold because we missed some steps and Jason thought we were farther along.  That is why pulling on those strings on my socks made me crazy to shake my head and play like with the tug.  It was supposed to be gradual.

So I heard a dvd today with someone talking about it.  Mom must have pulled out the Michele Ellis Retreive training or something.

We worked with Jason a bit and all is clear what we are to do so I am sure we will this week.

Before Jason came over to us we played with the muzzle but I got a little confused because I only learned click treat.

She put the muzzle on me but when she said yes instead of the clicker I was surprised because we only trained the muzzle with click treat.  Today it was "Yes" treat.  But that didn't take me long to realize Yes treat..

I did a down stay and some good some bad so we will work on that I am sure all times.

For our bite work exercises we started out with the defence of handler.  I am getting it better and better each time and we are making strides.  Mom still is not sure when it is time for me to bite but heck I do cause I am facing the decoy following us. 

Im not sure what you call these just yet but I run loose and chase the decoy and he trys to get away from me.  I was not as fast today because I am starting to think to get to that bite and when and where. 

When I get to that part that I don't have to think and just do it watch out decoys cause Ima catch ya....  French Ring and I would think with Mondio is the dogs need to think more.  In Schutzhund they just bite on the middle of a sleeve.  In knpv they show the dogs were to bite.  In these ring sports where you bite is where you bite and it can always be different.

I have to run farther to mom for the whistle now and one time I came fast for the tug bite after biting on the suit that mom was surprised and did not have a hand on the leash.  Once I realized this I droped the tug and ran back to bite on the bite suit.  Mom said, nope and the decoy kinda said no also so I did not bite him and proceeded onto some victory laps.  Finally after many Cali Comes, I came back to mom and I know she was a little mad but she was happy to see me come back to her.

I felt a few nudges when she called me but did not understand them.  Well no fun running on my own so I came back.



So off to the start we went again.  I love to chase the decoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment