Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Caley's Adventure Training Day

Training day 1/1/0/12
So today 1/10/12 my mom took me to the training field where she has her business with something on her mind. My guess it was to work on my sits and downs. I got the sit pretty good and just love that liver she gives me as treats but I am not sure I understand the down unless she does this funny gesture with her hands going towards the ground. Of course they are loaded with treats so I just follow it.

Oh, I am a French Dog Sport so my mom is teaching me the French words. The rest is just Jibber Jabber.... I will tell you my French words later as soon as my mom learns how to spell them... hehehehe...

While doing our little how can I get a treat game I spotted some kids near the fence. Being the sweet puppy that I am I took off to go visit them and heard my mom say something (like "don't pet the puppy"), but kids are like me and going to do what they want.

I finally came back to my mom and she said the "Yes", means I did well and gave me a treat. Of course I ran off again to visit my new friends. After a few pets through the fence from them I went back to mom and got another "Yes" and treat but this time she put the leash onto my little prong collar so I could not go visit. Yuck,

So we worked some more on our sits and downs adding in a stand here and there, but for some reason I am not getting the word down and waiting for the gesture with the food.

We worked a little on duration meaning that I know the word "Good", means I an doing it right but not that the exercise is over. I think I am understanding that part.

A few days ago we went to a new training field and I was a little bit out of control. My mom was trying to tell me to let go of the tug which I did but only to sneak in and bite where ever I could grab. Even her poor hands. I did not mean to but they were in the way of my mouth..

So today she took out the tug toy which I love to tug and play on and really not love to let go. She told me to let go and well I thought of it and then let go only to bite it which they call dirty biting because I was to let go and only bite again when she gave the "Yes" ok command.

My mom played with me for a while and then gave the word to let go. I did but was sneaky to get those few little dirty bites in. She told me know and gave me a little tug on the leash to let me know she was not pleased. We worked on this for a while and finally my little puppy brain grasped it. I let go and waited for her to say "Yes" it was ok to bite and play again.

Because I was so good that time she let me run around (on leash) in a circle and bring it back to her to play. I love doing that because as a baby puppy she taught me that was such a great game to come back and play with her.

She played tug with me again and told me let go. I forgot myself again and gave only 2 little dirty bites but never getting her hand. She told me know and gave me a little tug on the leash.

We played tug again and this time I let go and waited for the "Yes"... Mom must have been excited because she ran in circles with me caring the tug. We went for a little walk and I still carried the tug so excited to do so.

Training was over so we went to my place and she even traded me food for the tug. What a great day cause I got to eat and play tug.

No comments:

Post a Comment