Sunday, January 15, 2012

Training at the Schutzhund Club January 15, 2012

Today is Sunday so mom took me to her freinds training field where they do Schutzhund.  I am no longer doing Schutzhund because I love that bite suit all the more and in Schutzhund they only use a sleeve.

We only did obedience because there was no Ring Sport Decoy for me to bite on.  But I was happy to be out with mom so we had fun.

Our first plan of action or at least I think was for me to pay attention to mom.  I love everyone so had to say hi since I have not seen them for a while.  BUT, when I go to them they just froze up making me choose to go right back to mom who gave me a treat.  After a few friendly visits I found staying with mom and playing with her was more fun because she gave me treats.

Mom had those touch pad things laying on the ground and sent me to one and told me good girl and gave me a treat.  Good Girl means I am doing good but the exercise is not over.  She is wanting me to hold myself on their longer and longer.  She would say "yes", so I could get off and as soon as I got my treat sent me to the other one which was about 8 or 10ft away.  This was fun and I clearly understood what she wanted.

She wanted to do the retrieve but saw I was panting so decided to just play with the tug working on my letting go.  I still had some of those little re-bites going on but think I am figuring it out.  After I let go I see mom waving it in the air and am very paitent waiting for her command to get it again.  She only does this sometimes because I think she is waiting for me to be clear on letting go and not re-biting until she says so all of the time.  I am getting there and soon this will be clear in my head and we can move to the next game. 

Training was fun today and I can't wait until the next time me and mom train again.  I am so happy with my life and my mom.

BUT, I did get into a little trouble the other day only I don't know why I am restricted from the yard.  Actually I do not realize I am in trouble, I just realize my freedom in the yard is missing.

How was I to know to leave that soft stuff around the Air Conditioner alone.

At least mom went to the store now and will get something to cover up my boo boo so I can not do that again.  Then I can have my yard running time back again... yippeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment