Sunday, January 15, 2012

Training January 13, 2012

Mom and me went for a walk so I could do what I had to do.  Oh, go potty..  only sometimes I get so excited to get going to the training part that I forget.  Today we walked a little farther so I would remember.  I did and off to the training field we went..

Mom took out that great smelling dog treat "Liver" and told me some things to do like sit which I have mastered and the down which I am still confused on.  I understand it when she bends over and then I know what to do but when she just says the word I just look at her all confused.  hmmmmm,,,,

After some of those she got out the ball so I could catch it.  First she threw one ball and then called me back and when I got close threw the out one.  A good game.  I drop one and go chase another one. 

Then she took both balls away and threw one to me and told me catch.  She did not go far away though and I caught it just about every time.

After the ball game she took out the tug which I really love.  We played tug and then she told me to let go.  I did but kept trying to get in those sneaky bites.  Sometimes she just told me know and sometimes gave me a little collar correction.  Each time I let go and did not try to re-bite she said "Yes" and I got to bite again.  But 90 % if the time I did those little cheat bites but working on my restraint only that is hard for me because I love the game of tug.

I think mom is working hard to try to make it clear to me that if I just wait for her "Yes" it is ok to bite I will get the bite sooner than her telling me "no" do not re-bite.

I think mom was a little tired because we were not out training too long but she let me carry the tug back to the car and into the crate I went with it.  She traded me for some food which I was happy to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment