Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Great Sunday

This is me at 5 1/2 months old practicing my biting tecquniques

Today we had another great day.  Me and my mom.  We went to a big open field and met with some friends.  One being the man who lets me bite on him (with bite equipment on ofcourse) and his wife who also trains her Belgian Malinois Boy in the same dog sport as I am in. 

First mom had to show them my down but being my teenage self, I roamed a bit and then came back for some yummy treats.  I did it only from the front of her like we practiced yesterday but I did it. 

Then she got out the touch pads and told me to touch one and then to the other one.  I did but then she told me to sit.  I know this word but it seemed strange to keep my little feet on the touch pad and sit at the same time.  She helped me with a food lure and my leash and collar.  It was a warm day so we did this a few times and then practiced on my bite work.

I have the best decoy who I really think likes me and for sure likes me to bite on the suit he is in.

First we started with the puppy or medium puppy I should say bite legs.  He can take them off and I can run around and back to him for more fun.


After a lot of me holding on, mom came up to the side of me where I could see she also had a tug for me to play on.  She blew her wistle and I came right off the decoy and bit on the tug to play with mom.  Ofcourse my mom's playing is not as exciting as the decoy so I let go and wanted to go back and play with him. 

During my bite I heard my name called which means to let go and not bite until he moves or I am told.  I still take those little cheating bites but no so much.  This time mom told me to down after I let go.  This was a tough one since I was used to doing this in front of my mom.  Now mom is behind me and the decoy in front.  hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,  The decoy helped me to understand by helping me down using my collar and sometimes just pushing me down.  I caught on quick because the second I let go and went into the down I got another bite.  How sweet is that.

I was getting pretty hot from all this activity so we ended for the day or so I thought.  Mom took me for a cool down walk, gave me some water and put me in my crate so the other dogs could have a turn.

When the big dogs were finished mom got me out again.  I was amazed to bite on the big dog suit.  So was mom as she was cheering me on.  Again we worked on the "Out" "Down" and I got to bite.  I think I amazed everyone because I just caught on so quick.  

It was not as easy as I am telling it because I did take some little nips sometimes and had to get some help for the down sometimes but by the end of this session I think you can call me a pro at this part of the game.

I can't wait to train again... 

No comments:

Post a Comment