Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting back to Training

Sunday was a beautiful warm day so in the morning mom took me for a walk in the neighborhood.  I got to see some cats, dogs, and people. 

In the afternoon we went to her friends place and did a little training.  As you know I understand the word down so sometimes a few of my other words get mixed up with this.  When in doubt sometimes I just do the down.  BUT, I am learning fast to listen for that word.

We worked on out touch pads, with me going to one and then another.  That was fun because I know the touch pad and they were pretty close.  Since I know the word Sit, mom is telling me to sit when I put my front feet on them.  This is getting a little confusing as I have always gone and just stood with my front feet on them.  Another thing to learn for me and more training treats to get.

Now I am working on the "Stand" word.  While I am sitting Mom fills her hands with treats and pushes into my nose so that my body has to move backwards getting me on my feet.  This is fun because I get lots of treats.

Next we worked on a little tug work.  I get the let go part but don't like to give it up so easy.  Keeping my cool calm composure is not always easy especially when it comes to letting go of that tug thing.

When I do I get the yes and more tug.  This time when she told me let go I did and then she slowly moved the tug closer to the ground and said "Down". As soon as I made the down a big yes came and I got to bite and play with mom.  We did that a few more times and worked with the tug on the word sit.  She would say "Sit" and as soon as I did a big "Yes" came and I got to bite again.

This was a fun day and very relaxing learing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment